About the home
Gibeau is a restored stone farmhouse in the Aquitaine. It has stood for generations amidst farmland, meadows and forest, where the departments of the Gironde and the Lot-et-Garonne meet. The updated comforts and amenities combined with its rustic charm give Gibeau an elegant simplicity. There is no noise, air or light pollution, so guests are assured of a quiet, restful stay. The sunrises and sunsets inspire writing, painting, reading and blissful contemplation. Gibeau is a santuary of peace and calm.
Some details about the house and grounds:
- Gibeau occupies a hectare (about two acres) of maintained land at the end of a winding country road.
- The house has two bedrooms, one on each floor, with large, comfortable beds and full adjacent bathrooms. The mezzanine has two single beds, perfect for children.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with stove and oven, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher and micro. Those who love to cook will find all the cookware and utensils needed to prepare delicious meals from the fresh ingredients this area provides in abundance.
- An old refectory table sits underneath a vaulted ceiling in the main room, next to a sitting area and hearth. A cabinet there houses the television and DVD player.
- The living area's large sliding glass doors frame and give onto the salt water pool and apri de piscine, a sumptuous outdoor room where you can cool off during hot summer days, drink in the sunset and dine by candlelight. Later, watch the moonrise and be dazzled by a star-strewn sky.
See photos of the home